Quick Setup Instructions
These "Quick Setup" instructions are meant to get you going quickly, without 20 pages of documentation to read!
If you are installing from a Windows machine to a remote server, the process is very simple:
- Unzip the downloaded file, making sure that the 'calendarscript' subdirectory is created and contains other files/directories
- In the root directory, the 'install.bat' should exist.
- Go to a command prompt and run 'install.bat'. It will give instructions on the 4 arguments it requires to run correctly.
- An example: install.bat www.yoursite.com username password www/cgi-bin/
- This batch file will then use FTP to transfer the files, CHMOD them correctly, create directories, etc.
- If there are any problems with this installation and the script does not run, you will need to go through the manual setup process.
If you are an 'expert' user and have a different setup, follow these quick instructions:
- Unzip/Un-tar the downloaded file, making sure that the 'calendarscript' subdirectory is created and contains other files/directories.
- If you are on a unix machine, make sure you have downloaded the .TAR.GZ file, or use a switch with unzip to make sure all files are converted to ASCII format.
- Transfer all files to your web server's CGI directory, with the 'calendarscript' directory in the same location as the calendar.pl and calendar_admin.pl files.
- CHMOD 755 calendar.pl, calendar_admin.pl. CHMOD 777 the 'calendarscript' directory and all files/directories under it.
- Modify the path to perl in the first line of calendar.pl and calendar_admin.pl, if necessary.
- Rename calendar.pl and calendar_admin.pl to calendar.cgi and calendar_admin.cgi if required for your server.
- Load calendar_admin.pl in your browser to start the Setup Wizard.
- If you get an error message about the BASE_DIR needing to be set manually, un-comment the line near the top of calendar.pl and calendar_admin.pl starting with $BASE_DIR= and set it to be the local file system path of the 'calendarscript' directory (NOT the web server path!).
- If you experience any further problems, step through the normal setup documentation and the troubleshooting section.